Scriptable Dungeon Generation

I've talked about dungeon generation in the past, specifically an algorithm that I've used in a few places. That same algorithm is at work in my roguelike which I've been calling "Explore". Since I've already covered exactly how that algorithm works, I'm going to cover a slightly different…

A new blog

Due to some issues I've been having with Wordpress, I've moved to Ghost! I'm slowly porting some of my old posts over here, but it may take some time.…

Designing a web-based roguelike

For a couple of weeks I've been working on a number of new projects, but the one I want to talk about today is a little web game. I don't have anything but a code-name for it yet, but the overall goal is a web-based game in the vein of…

Image Transformations

This was a post from my old blog. Some links/formatting/images may be out of date. A while back I wrote an article about a simple scripting language I created called ImageQuery. The project was a small proof-of-concept, and while it worked, it had numerous issues. The first issue…

A small header-only C++ ECS library

This was a post from my old blog. Some links/formatting/images may be out of date. "I haven't made a post in a while. I should work on that," I thought to myself. "Oh, I know! I'll talk about the little library I made a few…

Complex dungeon generation

This was a post from my old blog. Some links/formatting/images may be out of date. I can't release the original source used for this (which was written in C++), but I have a very similar implementation in C# from a different project that I've posted in full here:…